The Vintage Patterns Wiki has been migrated to the new Unified Community Platform, a new code base for all wikis in the Fandom and Gamepedia domains.
What does this mean?
It means things have changed. This migration will be implemented for all wikis, and is not optional. There is no going back to the way things were.
On the surface, the wiki should function as before, but you will see some subtle and some not so subtle differences. Most obvious are the new editing tools, which work a little differently, and will get some getting used to. Hang in there.
Things That Go Bump in the Night
There are some things that significantly different or are no longer supported or are still in the process of being fixed, and I will try to keep track of them as we notice or get informed:
- The pre-formatted template for new pattern pages no longer works. There is no replacement at this time.
- Still use the Create button on the main page and type in a new page title (following the naming guidelines on our About page)
- Add the formatting manually - you can copy and paste from an existing page (best done is Source mode)
- Email notifications for posts on message walls are broken - this is a known bug and they are working on it.
- The Category Intersection page is not currently supported. Not sure if or when that will be back.
- The line spacing on some, but no all pages appears to have changed (more condensed). Looking into how to fix that.
- Update 10/14 - appears to be fixed after adding some header margin code to CSS (thank you, Andrewds1021)
- Gallery Exhibition appears to be broken ... for now.
- Wrong picture in Preview - when editing in Visual Editor (added 10/14; user reported) - the correct picture does show after saving edit.
- Vendor Link Gallery on main page is not working properly (added 10/14)
Original post 10/13/2020 - To be updated