Howdy Vintage Patterners,
I'm happy to report that we will be launching a new version of the pattern submission template today. The changes were based upon your feedback and suggestions, so please keep them coming! You can view the template here.
Don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions and please let me know what you think of the new template.
Read more >
Also, if you haven't already, please pick up your Vintage Patterns Wiki Badge!
Hope you're all having a fantastic week and enjoying the lovely new Vintage Patterns Wiki design and theme. In celebration of our new design, we've also created all new badges, featuring the scissor-wielding vintage lady from our logo.
You can use this badge to link back to our site and spread the word about our great resource and community. Please feel free to put this badge on your website, blog, storefront or Etsy store, e-mail signature, Facebook profile or anywhere else you want to show your Vintage Pattern Pride. The badges and information for posting them is below.
As always, if there are any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
JeskaD 23:28, July 15, 2010 (UTC)
Follow the below instructions to embed customized …
Read more >
The new theme is live, big thanks to everyone for the great feedback so far (please keep it coming in!). I'll be continuing to tweak and make changes over the next few weeks.
There are a few new features that need your help/submissions to kick them off.
- Add a Vendor Image: Do you have a vintage pattern store online? Add a smaller version of your logo to the Pattern Vendors widget on the Main Page. It's easy to do, just click the "Add Photo" button to add your image. A square image would work best.
- Add to the Slideshow: The current Slideshow on the main page is a hodge-podge of images, feel free to add your favorite image to the mix!
Also, I wanted to take a moment and welcome our newly promoted admins Tarna and Cementarian - they've…
Read more >
Howdy Vintage Sewing!
I've been working closely with the Wikia design team to create a new theme for the Vintage Pattern wiki. At right is a teaser photo of the new theme. Please note that this is still a work in progress.
A few things I'd like to call out:
- Browse by Pattern Maker - The top of the page includes welcome text and links to browse by pattern maker (category pages)
- Browse by Decade - The bottom of the page (where there's 6 empty boxes currently) will include direct links to the browse by decade category pages.
- Vendors List - In an effort to better highlight the pattern sellers, we're planning to move the big list of pattern vendors from the middle of the page to a secondary page linked under the "Featured Pattern Seller" on the right, w…